MT. LONGONOT NATIONAL PARK HIKING / ADVENTURES
Mount Longonot lies about 90km from Nairobi. The ecosystem mainly comprises of the mountain rising to 2,776m above sea level. On the sides of the mountain are V-shaped valleys and ridges with little vegetation; however a thick forest occurs within the crater. Major wildlife attractions include buffaloes, elands, lion, leopard, Bushbucks, common zebra, giraffe, grant gazelles, Thomson gazelles and many other antelopes. Other attractions include the extinct volcano and the crater forest, views of Lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
BEST TIME TO VISIT.
- All year round
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Good pair of walking boots/sports shoes (well fitting).
- A Hat.
Also useful are: binoculars, camera, sunglasses and
- Camera, sun cream, plus your sweater that will be removed during the climb
- All of this hike is over rough ground and has all the hazards of hiking up steep inclines
- Don't under estimate dehydration. Drink water at the end of each section, and as required.
- Rucksack. Large enough to carry 2 x ½ litter of water plus few sandwiches to eat at the top.
The ranger's advice on all matters including your rate of progress should always be listened.
There are numerous animals in the area; the most commonly seen is the giraffe, buffaloes and dik-dik.
The crater can be circumnavigated; this takes another 4 hours via a narrow path.
Transport to and fro.
1 and half litter of bottled water.
- Tips and gratitude’s
- Personal belongings.
7:00am: Pick up from town.
8:00am: Leave for Mt. Longonot with a stopover at the scenic Great Rift Valley viewpoint 9:30am: Arrive Mt. Longonot National Park and start the hike
11:30am: Arrive at the peak of Mt. Longonot and enjoy the scenery
12:00pm: Picnic lunch at the top of Mt. Longonot.
1:00pm: You may go round the crater before hiking down the Mt. Longonot
2:30pm: Relax & have a short break as you network before embarking on your journey back to Nairobi.
Charges Ksh 1900 – FOR 35 PAX & Above
Ksh 2300 – For 20 PAX & Below.